Hi,

Thanks for dropping the political crap.  It doesn't
change anyone's mind, it creates bad feelings,
it wastes bandwidth and it has caused some nice
folks to leave the list.   ......and, there are always some
idiots out there who think that if they get in the last
word ... they win.  I try to keep my politics in the
voting booth rather than on the hornlist.

I can't give you info about playing characteristics
of the 861(which I think is your main concern),
however, I can give you some other info which
you may not have.

YHR-861
Standard yellow brass Geyer wrap
Made from 1982-1992
Bore .469
Medium bell throat
Current equivalent - YHR-667V (There is some
conflicting data published by Yamaha.  The 861 is
described as having a medium bell and the 667V
a medium-large bell so there may have been some
design changes to the 667V and it may not be the
same horn renumbered.  Johnny Woody ... if you are
lurking .. can you shed some light on this?)

Regards,     Jerry in Kansas City