From: "John Dutton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Hornlist] NHR yet strangely HR
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 03:00:32 -0700

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a taste the rest of the world will never know." - inscription found upon an ammo can at Khe Sahn 1968

Those who have not studied military history should not rashly make comparisons to Viet Nam. Only broad generalizations are being made on this list about items that are NHR. There are many venues to express ones opinion and it seems that there is no discretion for some in choosing those venues. I have studied world history and military history and have served. Do not talk out of the side of the mouth about things that are not factual as if they were. I had thought we on the list had achieved a truce regarding this matter. Evidently this is incorrect. That is a shame. It is tragic that this energy can not rather be spent in effectual communication with congress persons to change policies that are abhorent rather than constantly presenting a barrage of NHR postings to what should be a means of communication for the horn community about HR subjects. Shame. I do not ask anyone to agree with my opinions and in fact have not offered them here. Many of you will no doubt assume that I am in agreement with the President because of this posting. Am I? How do you know? And do you really care? It is irrelevant to the purpose of this list whether yea or nay. If you want my opinion I am perfectly willing to give it-privately. Running of the mouth because one can does not accomplish anything. Individuals for whom I normally have great respect are getting sucked into this trend. Please rethink what the purpose of this list is for.

Sergeant John Dutton,
United States Marine Corps
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

set your options at http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/hornpreux%40hotmail.com