Thanks to Carlberg in Colima, the entertainment crossroads of the world, I
now hear, sitting about 3 or 4 blocks from most of the theaters involved,
that the strike is settled. Not terribly HR, but it is always interesting
to note how this list enables us to stay inter-connected in unexpected
ways.

I've never had much firsthand personal experience (make that nearly zero)
with the Broadway pit scene, but I certainly count many of the denizens of
the deep among my lifelong friends and, besides that, my 8-year-old
daughter was given tickets to Lion King for next week's matinee and I
wasn't looking forward to explaining why it was cancelled or else why
neither mommy or daddy (both 802 members) wouldn't be able to accompany her
across picket lines if the plan to deploy phantom virtual orchestras had
not been taken care of by the actors and stagehands walking too.

Thank goodness both for labor solidarity and eventual sanity on both sides
of the table. I am sure that the producers will eventually kill off live
music on Broadway, but this delays it somewhat. Things are already so
amplified on stage and in the pit, it probably wouldn't be noticed if
"orchestras" were reduced to a handful of "players" and "synthesizers", but
I get off on another thread here.

Peter Hirsch