From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Eldon Matlick
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 7:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Hornlist] "Totally Worthless"

...snip

Personally, I can forgive minor technical flaws in a performance if the
music is honest and sound musical ideas are presented.  One of the best
proponents of this philosophy is Froydis Wekre.  In performance, she
bares her soul and takes musical chances.  It is a thrill ride for the
hornist.  To me, this is the essence of playing.  While her recordings
are beautiful, you learn much more from seeing her perform live.  Total
commitment to the music is the essence of her performance.

...snip

Sincerely,

Eldon Matlick

=====
Dr. Eldon Matlick,  Horn Professor, University of Oklahoma
Principal Hornist, OK City Philharmonic
500 W Boyd
Norman, OK  73019
(405) 325-4093 off. (405) 325-7574 fax