Clayton Whetmore, here:
Paul F wrote:

Are all the hieroglyphics in Hans Pizka's messages because he is using rich
text to send?  All the '=3D' stuff and '=B4' for an apostrophe?  PLEASE if
you are using HTML change it to plain text for sending to the List.

Perhaps the problem is in your mail reader, Paul. I use Netscape Messenger to read my mail. What e-mail program do you use?

Although Hans Pizka uses non traditional English grammar, causing one to take more time to digest what he says, I never see any of the ASCII or HTML encoding that seems to be appearing in your e-mail. It may be worth reviewing your Preferences.

Another hint that did not seem obvious, at first, might be with the way the digest is set up to function. I receive each message as it is released by the list, rather than as a long digest. Perhaps that's where the extra character markings are getting entered.

It is SO
tedious to trawl through the same stuff time after time - ad infinitum.

For me, individual mailings are much easier to digest than a long, combined "digest". I certainly a lot quicker to read a bite-sized e-mail, than to crawl through a fishing trawler sized e-mail, trolling for pearls!

_______________________________________________ post: [EMAIL PROTECTED] set your options at http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/archive%40jab.org