From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Horn List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Re: Clean teeth, clean valves

Sorry, Paul, I sent the correction to Steve. You should throw your
German book away. Kruspe should be pronounced as "crew´s- peh" - There
is no Umlaut involved.

Ooops, in Saxony (former East Germany) they do something like that in
dialect: Tinte - Tünte - Tunte, Fluegel - Fliegel, "gann isch mal rum
krieschen" or "gaen´se fleisch ribagommn ?".
Paul Mansur schrieb:
> I think the word has an umlaut over the u.   Germans
> pronounce this
> with "pursed lips," or so read my German instruction
> books a generation
> or two ago.   It might be somewhat transliterated as
> Kryoospeh.  I
> think a German could understand what you said and maybe
> even spell it
> correctly.  That's sort of close to what I say, I think.
>  Expert?   In
> this instance, Not me, coach!
>
> Mansur's conditional Answer
>
> On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 01:04 AM, Simone wrote:
>
> > I also pronounce Kruspe as Krispy, actually, what's the
> correct
> > pronunciation? Isn't Krispy correct?

> post: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> set your options at