Hi All,

I just returned from a two week trip to England and Scotland. While in
London I managed to go to the Proms concert in Royal Albert Hall
featuring the BBC Scottish Symph. They played a wonderful program,
featuring the horns in Shostakovich Tenth Symphony. It was a truly
spectacular performance, especially in light of the intense heat in the
Hall. London, like most of Southern England and neighboring France, has
been experiencing unusually high temperatures and humidity. It was well
over 90 Fahrenheit in the hall, and I'm certain it was much warmer on
the stage.

If any of the BBC Scottish are on list...BRAVO

Andy Harris
Principal Horn, Cedar Rapids Symphony