As an aside, I had the privilege once of hearing
the CSO section perform this at Ravinia.  What was
memorable (other than the predictable excellence of
the performance) was the canine choreography -
someone's dog (I think it was a Golden) walked up
on the stage and walked about among the performers
while they were playing.   The dog carried him/herself
as a gentleman/lady and didn't jump up, lick, or bump
into stands, etc.

It was perversely utterly charming, and not a note
was dropped.

John Schreckengost wrote:
Here are more specific details regarding the recording Daniel mentioned:

Chicago Symphony Orchestra: The Solti Years From the Archives Volume 14 CSO
CD99-2

The playing is phenomenal!

John Schreckengost

message: 12
date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:30:20 -0700 (PDT)
from: Daniel Vidican <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: Re: [Hornlist] Concertstuck recordings?

Try the Chicago Symphony Orchestra , if you can get the newest one( Gail

Williams playing principal and it's a live recording ) I think it's called "The Solti years " a two cd's set ,or something like that , and the only place you can find it is online ,check their store, and the other one is a CD new release of the old recording with Dale Clevenger principal, called Chicago Symphony principals ( not sure about the title..) Hope this helps, Dan

set your options at http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/brunelle%40acm.org