Hi! Could "Hoss" be a clue to your problem? Are you trying to be very strong and "horse" your way into doing everything you attempt? If so, then you need to learn something about delicacy and finesse in playing the horn. Use your facial muscles to change pitches; not your left arm. Get a good "MMMM" position with your embouchure and blow gently and firmly with only enough pressure to prevent a leak.
Learn to make easy, smooth lip slurs; and work to doing them rapidly. If something nice happens, then you might be on track to sort out some things.

CORdially, Mansur's Answers