On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Luiza Raab wrote:

> Hi Could you help me with finding the classical composition (trio or
> quartet) which includes horn, cello, violin and piano (any combination
> of the instruments is fine). Thank you for help. Luiza

There are many trio sonatas written for two soprano instruments and basso
continuo; the soprano voices are usually violins, flutes, oboes,
recorders, or combinations of these.  The horn can often play the second
soprano part, sometimes even the first, but you have to transpose down to
C.  Typically, the most accessable parts for horn are originally for oboe
or recorder.  There is a bass part for the cello, and the piano gets the
figured bass part, or it can be omitted.  The most common composers of
trio sonatas are guys like Telemann, Vivaldi, Quantz.  If you have access
to a university library or a good music store, browse them.  If you would
like specific recommendations, please e me.

        {  David Goldberg:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  }
        { Math Dept, Washtenaw Community College }
                 { Ann Arbor Michigan }