> At that point you ceased being an instrumentalist and became a conductor !
>
> Mark L.

Thank you for the chuckle.   If any one ever asks me if I've done any
conducting I can now tell them yes.

_____________________________
> from: Bill:    I wonder.  What are the qualifications for 'critic'?
>
> ------------------------------

I'd rather claim "crabbiness"!    I'm recovering from the 2nd surgery this
year.   In between I had a sprained ankle and broken bone in the foot.
Right now, because of the recent surgery,  I can't play the horn much and
it's getting to me.

Besides, not reading all the posts I asked if it was a joke about the sand
paper which meant I didn't know what the previous conversation was all
about.

I teach guitar and never have I told my students to sand their fingers.   If
they need stronger callouses they can practice more.   It just doesn't make
sense to me why someone would file their skin away.   If it's to get rid of
the callouses because they want softer skin (a bit of vanity maybe??) well,
then why are they playing guitar?