Are you saying that some of your notes were stopped
for 24 hours and then allowed to proceed?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Ger O wrote

So for some years I had the idea of developing a non-transponing
stopping mute that can be used on both the F and Bb side of the my
horn without transposing.

It stayed with this idea, did not make time for realizing it. But in
the last number of Brass Bulletin I read that a Japanese manufacturer
is offering a non-transposing stopping mute.

******* These non-transposing mutes sound great and are really convenient. Unfortunately the mute I tried was manufactured in
Japan, and because of the shift in time zones between Japan and
California, it made me play 24 hours behind the other members of my
section on stopped notes. I could have transposed ahead by 24 hours
to restore the ensemble, but this was just too much trouble. I
didn't have the same problem with my Yamaha horn, but I think it was
made in the US.