I have insured my new horn.  Your homeowner's policy will only insure the horn against
certain losses.  Getting the rider will cover it for just about anything, including
just plain losing it, having someone else intentionally damage it, dropping it off of
the side of a boat, etc.

I think it's worth it.  But, of course, it's all a matter of risk.  Do you want to
take the gamble of substantial damage or total loss, or do you want to pay the
insurance company to take the gamble?

Matt from Maine