You know what I like about this list? It's not monitored. You know what I dislike about this list? It's not monitored.

I like that we sometimes veer from the path of talking about the horn and music only. It sometimes gives us a glimpse at (if not full frontal exposure to) the character of an individual list member. We come to know each other more fully as human beings in these exchanges. And darn it, it sometimes makes things more interesting when you've grown weary of a thread on mouthpiece dimensions and fingering combinations...

I do agree that, at times, it really gets frustrating to see long exchanges about non-horn related topics, especially when you've come to the list to talk about only the horn. (That's why I rarely join in these off-topic conversations.)

I know it can be annoying to hit the delete button repeatedly, but I believe everyone who has joined in the NHR exchanges has indicated he/she is off-topic in the subject line. Is it not possible to have individual e-mail filters separate out anything that has a subject line containing "NHR" and either label it as spam, or delete it?

Amy

_______________________________________________ post: [EMAIL PROTECTED] set your options at http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/archive%40jab.org