Lehrer did a segment on the night. I believe the current incarnation of the Iraqi Symphony is much decimated, and the orchestra performing that night was a mixture of the National Symphony and the Iraqi Orchestra. It was mentioned that Yamaha, among other corporations, has donated instruments to the orchestra. I also believe a collection of orchestra works was donated to the orchestra. The hall the Iraqi Orchestra suffered very much from looting and fires.
Please go to the following URL to read about the concert what Slatkin said and to see links to reports about the looting. If we can do something as a group I would be on board with that.
Leigh