After getting my wisdom teeth out and sitting out about 2 weeks, I have picked up my horn again. Picking it up was the easy part, when I got around to playing I could tell I was in trouble. I can hardly play: I can't really "feel" the notes too well, and my sound is shaky. (On the bright side I've found that not playing has cured me of some of my bad habits) I asked my horn teacher what to work on, he said scales would be good to start out on, but not to go too high. I'm wondering if anyone has any additions to make to that. I'm looking for something that isn't too easy to slip back into those habits. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
William Foss

"The various viewpoints on Horn tone are held with such fierce devotion that one encounters otherwise in religous controversies." -Gunther Schuller

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger — learn how here! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_customize