OHHHHHHHH I gotcha now...
That one went over me for a split-second. Farts are different in all parts of
the world. The mexican burrito fart is quite different from the english
bubble-and-squeak fart.

I use a very deep cup mouthpiece and I'm thinking about switching to a vienna
style cup myself. As to the low playing on shallow cups I know exactly what
you're talking about now. It does sound rather... bad.

Most of the ones that could play very loud down there with a very good tone
(not many) didn't use shallow little mouthpieces either.

And as far as the lower you go the higher you can climb, that is very very
true, but no one seems to grasp that. My high range is getting quite reasonable
after playing a lot of 4th parts or low parts for several years on everything
from horn quartets, to horn duets, and orchestral parts.

-William