I just found out that I have been accepted into the 2004 Missouri FIne Arts Academy. Only 200 students from the entire state are chosen every year in areas such as Instrumental music, visual arts, vocal music, etc. That's about all I know about it. To get in I had to send off an audition tape with a slow, melodic etude and a technical etude, in addition to essays about fine arts in my life and my dreams for the future. For the melodic etude, I chose one from the Pottag book that I really liked that was also All State audition material. The technical was a page long exercise from Kopprasch; it was a killer. Just thought I should share this with all of you, whom I would like to thank for increasing my knowledge and helping me get this spot.

William Foss

"The various viewpoints on Horn tone are held with such fierce devotion that one encounters otherwise in religious controversies." -Gunther Schuller

Get a FREE online virus check for your PC here, from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963