From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Corenut
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 12:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Hornlist] Low notes

I know Prof Pizka said  "low horns do not have many soli or great soli"
but
for my money one of the best massed horn growlies is in the 1st movt of
Shostakovich 5th Symphony (2 bars after 17 where the piano comes in) 4
horns
unison in bass clef.  What an effect!  Only 18 bars long but very well
placed.
That is just one of the most wonderful works - the way the few ideas are
worked and re-worked and put against each other - pure magic.
I want that music at my funeral and NO CUTS!

Paul Fox
2nd Hn Sheffield Chamber Orchestra

set your options at
http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/hans.pizka%40t-online.de