At 12:58 PM 2/19/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Dear Friends,

This reinforces my suspicion that those Eb alto horns are actually extra-large flugel horns, not little-bitty baritones. (However, the straight-ahead models may well be more tiring to hold in playing position than the upright models.)

We received in our library a picture book of the tuba picture collection of Mark S. Chalabala, which includes at least one photo of a "3 valve rotary baritone--bell front configuration"...I don't know what the key is, but maybe it's all "potatoes," "potahtoes"?...it also had a picture with instruments described as a "3 valve rotary baritone & alto horn---Wagner Tuben configuration"...and by the way, has anyone ever heard of a "neocor"...I found a reference to this instrument in an old Henri Lemoine catalog

Amy