Paul, Paul, Carlberg Jones also,

Why making things so complicated for that little 2nd horn solo in the
Fidelio Ouverture (I played it in concert first tuíme when I was 14 !!).
Did you both forget the F-horn fingerings ??? Just 2nd valve (horn in E)
except for the written f2 ( concert a1), which is an open note on the
F-side. If you do not feel so safe with the top note f#2 just on F-horn
2nd valve, you might employ the thumb valve for this climax note, but
staying on the 2nd valve. Very simple solution.

You use a double horn, but you don’t use it. That´s the problem. Not the
factory dust, not the sluggish valve action.

Paul Fox wrote: <I have a new Alex which recently has been playing me up
whilst in rehearsal for the Fidelio Overture, the 2nd horn (moi) has the
tune as solo in the
first Allegro passage - in E (tricky one) and there was my 3rd valve
feeling like it had metal shavings in it and actually jamming during the
playing. It's a poor excuse to say after the failure that my valve stuck
when everyone knows I'm playing a new horn!
The maintenance booklet says, "If you play your instrument daily or
nearly every day you should never have to add oil to the interior
valves. Permanent use use keeps the valves moist inside at all times and
prevents crystallisation, the cause of rotor blocking".  Regards,

Paul Fox
UK

set your options at
http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/hans.pizka%40t-online.de