On Thursday, April 1, 2004, at 01:31 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This is clearly an authentic performance.
I remember that Lowell G told me that
au naturel hornists in Mozart's time favored
instruments with painted belles.

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY TO ALL.

Hey, did anyone here the narrative about cloning Beethoven on "Performance Today"? (Today, of course.) The gist of the conclusion was that it would be very, very expensive, and even then there would be enough cell mutation that we would get a highly modified Beethoven. In other words, we would not get a Ludwig v. B. Maybe a George Beethoven that would be a rapper. Maybe even a saxophonist!

Cheers, Mansur's Answers