I wonder how many High School Marching Bands Hans played in?  Marching Band is
different than any European community band, and to be able to preach about The USA's
high school band programs you better have real credentials.  I have lived the pain for
6 years in High School and College and I never care to do it again.  Let's leave it at
that.

I also understand that Hans' orchestra is of the utmost quality and should only accept
the best, but it seems like you count people out way too soon.  I understand that
tuning is a major part of professional everyday playing, but was the five minutes you
gave them really enough to judge them?  Did you ask them for a reasonable explanation
to why they are tuning a certain way?  After you listened to their tuning note, did
you listen what they gave to you musically or did you count them out right away?  Did
they play the audition in tune?  I understand that it was Hans' audition commitee and
hans' would have the right to take or turn down anyone he choose, but it would make
better sense to take the advantages(once they are already counted out) of hearing
someone than the disadvantages.

I thought it was the European way to discuss things and not be like americans and
instantaneously cross their name off the list.  Maybe Germans are different.

Hoss