Sent this over the weekend and it vanished into thin air, so now I'm trying
from work. Sorry if the topic has already played itself out (hey, not too
of a bad unintentional pun).

-ph

This record used to be fairly common in cutout bins here in NYC. I'm sorry
that I didn't pick up a dozen copies. Ironically, or maybe appropriately,
it seemed to come from the same source as the Music Minus One LPs. One of
the cute touches of this album was the cover photo which had Vogelgesang in
concert à tre, so to speak. Given the fact that this was done some thirty
years or more ago, the level of technical trickery was pretty impressive. I
recall speaking with free-lancers here that knew him and they said that he
was somewhat embarrassed by the low-level notoriety that the album brought
to him. This record was much fun to play for unsuspecting friends.
Unfortunately, my copy seems to have been loaned out to one friend too many
and remains missing in action; I've desperately tried to figure out who has
it, but no one will admit it. Perhaps one of my old horn acquaintances
reading this posting has it (unintentionally un-returned, of course) and
will get in touch. All is forgiven.

Peter Hirsch