Cabbage (moi) suggested

On the other hand, you could try playing the Long
Call with all the alternative transpositions,
rhythms, and articulations suggested in Kopprasch
Etude 40.  And ask the conductor to do the optional
D.C. at the end of the opera, just to make Hans jealous.

And Hans P (himself) replied

Surely, it would be a nice call, but also your LAST CALL.

I tried this last night, with Hans P standing next
to me as I played backstage.  For some reason, they
nearly fired me afterwards, but when I pointed out
how nice Hans said it was, they fired him instead.

Whew!  That certainly was a CLOSE CALL.

gotta go,
cabbage