Hi Mike,

Finke has upgraded to a space age material
that has solved the problems of the old plastic
rotors.  The old rotors can be replaced with
the new.  I am sending a horn to Finke to have
the old leaky rotors replaced with the new material
and, if they are anything like the new horns I've
played, they should be fast and tight.

BTW, I oil all rotors, plastic or not, to help prevent
the build up of grunt/crud.  Of course, the best
prevention is, as mentioned many times on the list
by Prof. Pizka, good hygiene, abstention from
the refreshments/cookies at intermission and
dumping water before the horn is put in the case.

Regards,    Jerry in Kansas City