-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Carlberg Jones

Greetings -

While I have not tried Kowalchuk's mutes on the passage in Villanelle, I've
used four or five of them for normal orchestra playing and they have played
freely throught the range of the horn. The low range is especially easy to
project. As with other mutes, fine tuning of the sound and pitch can be done
by filing or sanding the corks as well as with the internal tuning
mechanism.

Regards,

Carlberg