Just a small word about Atkinson Horns...

I've owned an Atkinson (A900) for the past year and a half and it's a really easy horn
to play in all registers.  Dynamics contrast can be a little more difficult than on a
9D.  Everyone who has played my Atkinson said that they love how easy it is to get
around on.  The kicker is that they're really thin (in comparison) to other horns made
my Holton and CONN...so they will ding up a little easier.  So if your daughter is
only 11 you might want something that'll be a little more sturdy.  Price is also a
factor.  I highly doubt that you want to pay $5000 for a horn that you child may or
may not want to play for a long time.   Atkinsons are a bit on the inexpensive side
(yet again in comparison).  My final thought is this...
All horns play different.  It's all luck of the draw.  So have your daughter try out
different horns until she finds what she likes.

Jose David Villa-lobos

Jose D. Villalobos  [EMAIL PROTECTED]