Hello, fellow hornlisters

I have begun preparing for the annual concerto competition tryouts for my orchestra,
and I have been working (for some time now) on the Weber Concertino in e minor. My
teacher tells me that is would be perhaps unwise to play it in a live/public
performance, as there is a great margin for error, and that I should maybe stick to
something a little safer for the time being.

Should I risk it with the Weber? I can play it rather accurately, but the nerves and
whatnot might hinder the performance, so, that is something I would have to work on.

What pieces would you recommend that aren't TERRIBLY difficult (I know the Weber is
insane, but I have been living with the piece for a VERY long time) My teacher
recommends the Gliere concerto. Does anyone else have any other suggestions that I
could probably use for a concerto competition.

BTW The pizka classic double horn blends perfectly within a diverse section (we have a
Paxman 20XL, a Conn8d, a Yamaha 668, and of course, the Pizka) in case anybody was
wondering. It is possible to obtain a great variety of tone colours from the horn,
also recommended is the Pizka mouthpiece - Yes, it is deep, much deeper than most
other mouthpieces, but it truly does help you and your sound.

Thanks!