At 01:23 PM 6/28/2004, you wrote:
Does anyone have experience with ACE inhibitors, specifically Lisinopril? I began taking it in April and beginning about two weeks later started noticing some embouchure anomalies. At first I attributed these to the irregular practice schedule that's typical for me near the end of any academic term, but as I've gotten back on a regular schedule the problems don't seem to be going away. An investigation of some of the possible side effects of Lisinopril shows that it's possible my symptoms may be due to the drug.

If you have taken Lisinopril or another ACE inhibitor for hypertension, did it seem to have any noticeable effect on your playing? If so, were you able to switch to a different drug that didn't have those side effects? I have an appointment with my physician to discuss the issue but wondered what others' experiences may have been and if anyone has any advice. On- or off-list replies are welcome.

Dan, I've been taking Lisinopril for over 2 years without any problems except I must be careful when in the heat, but as you probably know each person is different. There are enough medications out there that you should easily be able to find another one (I actually switched to this from another ACE inhibitor).

The formula of Lisinopril I take is combined with a diuretic (Hctz), so
it is important to drink plenty of water each day to counteract this
effect.

Margaret

Margaret Dikel JCCSO Librarian / Horn 11218 Ashley Drive, Rockville MD 20852 301-881-0122 [EMAIL PROTECTED]