Hello list,
In addition to the ridiculously low price of these instruments, the
sellers use phrases such as "school approved," "director approved," and
most recently "approved by the MENC." When I questioned the sellers
about these "approvals" and endorsements I receive answers like, "we're
not at liberty to tell you who approved them," or "these were approved
by a well known New York band director" but without telling the name. On
the latest "MENC" one, I have yet to receive a response and I doubt I
will. This smacks of outright fraud yet there seems to be no way to stop
these folks. Hopefully studio teachers and band and orchestra directors
alike are educating their students, and more importantly the parents,
about these folks.

Regards.

Dana Twiss
Litchfield, Maine