-----Original Message-----
For the lapping I do when I'm tightening bearings, I built a simple set up
that lets me use my DeWalt drill to do the work.  Because I'll only have
<one> easy shot at the lapping,

*******

DO NOT USE A DRILL TO LAP VALVES!  A valve should be lapped for only the
distance it needs to travel.  By using the drill you are making more gap
than necessary.  This is especially true if either the casing or the rotor
is not true and round as is the case with most horns.  I'm sure other more
experienced techs (I am not worthy of a shingle to hang out) can give better
reasons yet.  The drill method is most often employed by shops that do
school type horns and with the expected uneven results.

The Jack Attack!