In another word?

Boredom...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2004 12:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] The moon and mars and the horn in F

In one word?

Tradition...

-William

In a message dated 9/4/2004 9:15:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Horn transposing is a nice science/art that a horn player has to have in
his/her bag of 'goodies', yada yada but sometimes it can be tedious and a
bit nerve racking especially when the pressure of the moment comes for an
exposed or solo part.  Isn't there by now a  computer program that can be
used to put these odd transposing keyed pieces back into the key of F for
the horn and have it on manuscript ready made for us to play.  We can put a
man on the moon and land on Mars, surely we can put the horn in F, and on
paper, can't we?
Jim
et.com