Could someone fill me in on a good place to order the little cork-bumper
holder plates for Holton horns? If you're at all familiar with Holtons, you
probably know that SOME of these horns have chintzy, pressed-steel cork
holder plates that bend like Swiss cheese. Don't get me wrong; I like Swiss
cheese (after all, it's made of cheese!) but not on a horn. My music
professor friend here at the local college says the school has a Holton with
the cheesy parts, and that just playing the horn normally will bend the
bumper plates. Someone here recently mentioned that there are cast parts (as
on the older horns) available, and I'd like to get some for him. Just don't
know where to go to obtain a set.

You can write me off-list with a recommendation if you think the list might
be spammed with 50,000 replies to this. However, I don't expect that many,
so perhaps someone may benefit from reading your suggested sources. Your
call.

Thanks,

jrc in SC