In a message dated 10/12/04 2:59:28 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Would it be better to oil through a male tube?

Using this manner of oiling, it is possible to get extraneous slide grease or
other matter into the valves from the crook attached to the slide
tube-especially if there is any corrosion in the slide crook.
I have found for my own use, and I always recommend to my clients that they
find an eyedropper bottle to use.
First remove the slide and with a few drops of oil in the dropper, place it
all of the way into the outer slide tube, then squirt the oil directly onto the
rotor.
This method seems to avoid the problems you are discussing.
Paul Navarro