Speaking of Richard Burdick, he recently advocated "no mouthpiece buzzing" in a mail
to this group, and I think he's said this before so must feel pretty decisive about
this.  Why is this, Richard?  Alot of teachers say the more buzzing the better, so I
am confused.

Hope you are well up there in Canada....

Thanks, Fred

Leonard & Peggy Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Have you heard Richard Burdick's "Portal" album? I have been away from
academics too long to label this music as being "electronic" or "modern" but
it is certainly not a night at the opera. He made it using a 5 track method
with his very austere horn and horn chord solos being combined with tracks
of untuned drones, a mathematical induced track and a improvised track. It
is much easier to listen to than to describe. I have some modern disks that
are too mathematically predictable for me to enjoy, all of the music on this
disk is based on a human playing a horn so I don't really know where it is
going before I hear it. I guess "contemplative" or "introspective" would be
a good way of describing this disk. interesting.

Leonard B.