Instead of buying a mouthpiece to play perfectly on every note of your horn, you may
consider making the best of what mouthpieces you have.  No mouthpiece is perfect,
though a good one is a help.  I haven't played a Schilke mouthpiece in years, but
hindsight being 20/20, it suited my needs then, and would still suit my needs now,
perhaps $300 down the road and a cigar box of mouthpieces I don't use.

I do happen to play on a Moosewood mouthpiece right now, and I highly recommend
them.  I don't change mouthpieces depending on what I'm playing; I change "me"
depending on what I'm playing.

Mark J. Syslo