With all due apologies to anyone who is not interested, I have a couple
of bits of horn-related news from Thompson Edition I would like to pass
along:

Many of you are familiar with our publication "The Orchestral Audition
Repertoire for Horn:  Comprehensive and Unabridged", as it is widely
used and has been discussed many times on the horn lists.  Many of you
who reside outside of the United States may also be aware that to date
we have not been able to distribute it outside the United States, due to
differences in copyright terms and territories which affected a few of
the works included in the collection.  Due to the demand from abroad for
this volume (we have been told that it has even become a standard
resource in a few European conservatories, the students having taken it
upon themselves to import the volume from one of our U.S. retailers) we
have now prepared two new editions of the collection which as of today
are officially available for distribution worldwide.  Further details
are available at:

http://www.thompsonedition.com/HA9international.htm

I would also like to announce that we have recently acquired
www.musicarara.com and are now distributing all of the publications of
the former Musica Rara edition, some of which have been hard to locate
for some time.  Although the majority of the Musica Rara titles of
interest to hornists fall in the category of wind chamber music (from
Danzi and Reicha quintets to the wind octet versions of Mozart operas on
up to large ensembles such as the Dvorak Serenade) there are also
several horn-specific publications of considerable value, such as the
three-volume set of the horn parts to the complete works of Bach
(cantatas, oratorios, etc.) or the Nicolai Duos.

If anyone has any questions regarding either of these announcements,
please feel free to contact us privately.

David B. Thompson, President
Thompson Edition, Inc.

http://www.thompsonedition.com