Dear all

I quite agree that fine craftsmanship is vitally important to the production of a
horn, but it has been my experience that horns of any type vary quite considerably.
When much younger I worked in the sales department of a horn maker and although the
horns were consistently and rigorously assembled, there were still excellent horns,
good horns and also rans.

So, when I recently I played a brand new Conn 8D, (which I purchased) I was very
pleased to find a horn with excellent intonation, brilliant valves, superior finish
and remarkable tonal variation. In other words, I am chuffed-to-nuts with my new horn.
Whether this horn is just a freak of manufacturing excellence or others have a similar
experience, I know not.  But I would like to express my thanks to fine American
workers for providing me with my own 'super horn'.

Regards

Simon Locke