It looks like this instrument will be uncomfortble for the left hand
regardless of how you rig any combination of pinky rings, duck feet,
flippers, Klebsch straps, or Pip Sticks.

Check out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16215&item=3757131178&rd=1

-- Alan Cole, rank amateur
    McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Alan,
   You hit the nail on the head on that one.  I had a Selmer Double in my
shop for awhile.  The French put their pistons in such a bad position that
the only way I can see to play it with some comfort is to remove the end of
the fingers after the middle joint.  I understand they make some pretty
wanky cars too.

Leonard//LAredo