Who knew?

The old Buescher 6D I had for a while (bought via eBay, resold the same way) had 2 F tuning slides on the flip side, just like a Conn 6D that I used to have (bought that via eBay also, resold likewise).

Plus, the outside of theBuescher mouthpiece receiver was die-stamped 6D, leading me to leap to the assumption it was a stencil Conn all the way. (Live & learn, eh?)

Those little reinforcing braces on the Buescher differed slightly from the corresponding Conn braces, however -- a nice touch for differentiating the 2 otherwise similar instruments, no?

The clincher is that the Buesher 6D played & sounded (to me) much like a Conn 6D. (Then again, I was the person operating those 2 different horns at various different times. And, shucks, I sound pretty much the same to myself whether I'm playing a Lawson 804 or a customized Yamaha YHR-668N -- or an Olds single Bb horn, for that matter. I'm not sure consistency is all that much of a virtue unless your playing sounds lots better than mine.)

Now, what about those Olds clones of Conn 6D?

-- Alan Cole, rank amateur
   McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.
The Buescher was not a non-Conn look-alike, it was a Conn non-look-alike. For awhile Conn made the Bueschers but they were not exact Clones. You know the relationship between the Holton 379 an the H-179? This was the same between the Conn and the Buescher. The Buescher was lacking one of the F crooks in the back but other wise seemed to be a 6D.

I had a Buescher I was going to fix up but someone made me an offer on just the valve parts needed for a primo 8D, they fit fine.

(All this may have changed at a later date)

LB