Hello,

Tuba players who have learned in Brass bands only to play from Eb treble
clef parts, when confronted with bass clef in C often transpose the part by
reading for Eb treble clef and adding 3 sharps to the key signature, a
practise which can theoretically result in as many as 10 sharps in the key
signature. Although they would be advised to learn bass clef properly, some
don't and can be quite successful playing this way and become well
acquainted with such extreme "theoretical" keys. A good ear and a full
knowledge of scales and arpeggios must help.

Just an example of some musicians who have a practical use for these keys.

best Wishes,

Benno