Hans,

Very interesting post!

I will share a bit of my situation in this regard. I had a bariatric procedure 5 years ago, and have lost over 200 pounds. During the initial blood testing by the surgeon, he found that my testosterone level was in his words, "the lowest I've ever seen in one of my patients". He said by having the surgery and losing the weight, that my level would rise. It did, but not enough, so he prescribed a medication that I apply to my chest every morning after I am finished showering. It is painless and has brought my testosterone level to where it should be. A welcomed effect was a great rise in my libido (lucky me and lucky wife). At first, I didn't care so much if I had a problem with my levels being low, but the surgeon said that low testosterone levels are the cause of Osteoporosis in males (as well as the muscle tone you speak about in your post). Since I already have suffered in the past from a condition called Perthes (sp) Hip Disease, I did not fool around with this situation. Men in their 40's and 50's can have this happen to them, so Gentlemen, ask your physician to check your levels when you have your yearly physical.

Hans, thank you for bringing this to light on the list, this is all the more reason for me to not skip using my testosterone medication on those mornings when I think I am in a hurry. I don't want to lose anymore muscle tone. I want to continue to play just as long as I can, as I am having too much fun since I have lost all of the weight. I actually have a life again, and I want to enjoy the remainder of it..

Thanks again,

Walt Lewis