Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Mistook 16 for 12. Sorry, sorry, sorry.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jerry
Houston
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 7:55 AM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] No brain, but slides perfect

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

And 9/16" are equal 3/4" right, why to confuse it at your F-side between
valve 1 & 3 and on your Bb-side between valve 1 & 2 instead of using the
same measure 3/4  for all four slides.

Well, I admit it is a problem to think in all these fractions of an
inch. We have it easier in the metric zone of the world.

No, Prof., 9/16" is just a bit over 1/2" (which is 8/16").  I agree with
you
regarding the metric system, but even you should be able to figure out
that
3/4 of anything is the same as 12/16 of the same thing.