Steve wrote:

Thanks for all the responses about why my horn collects water in the B-flat
side even though I'm not using it.  To clarify, it collects only in the
first two slides, not the third - if gravity were the sole force at work
here, I'd think the water would end up in the lowest slide.  I hardly use
the third valve, IOW, where the water ends up almost seems as if I were
using the B-flat horn instead.  Of course, as I hold the horn, the B-flat
tubing is a little lower, so I'm guessing from what everyone has said that
this is the reason the water is there.

This would go right to the pressure dynamics theory.  If you don't ever use
the third valve then no condensation (created by the warm pressurized air
column) would exist to be equalized/leaked down.  Since you use the first
two valves they would then be subject to the pressure equalization described
in the earlier post.  In theory this equalization would work in either
direction-from b to f or f to b.  And your valves no doubt have plenty of
clearance in the casing to leak down.

The Jack Attack!