Jack Attack!

Thanks for the reply- I've thought about the same concerns for some time now. My curiosity about the subject comes from playing concert mellophone for 4+ years now. I had a seat with a big-band as both horn (see pieces like el Congo Valiente), and on concert/16E Mellos (see pieces like Kenton's West Side Story).

Thanks again
PM