Why do some very young kid (before school age) start to teach themselves
in understanding numbers & basic math & (or) reading to the big SURPRISE
of their parents ???? This is not because of practice, practice &
practice.

We all have to live with the fact, that some people are born with better
abilities than average. But, - I say this again - , they have to
cultivate their abilities.

e.g. some people (like myself) can stop playing for four weeks
completely, but be back in full shape (except full endurance, off
course) by a careful warm up of ten minutes. But these people have other
things to practice like everybody else. But for the gifted, it is not
like for the NOT gifted or talented, who have to "hammer-in" nearly
everything by repeating & repeating & repeating it.

Result: often those, who had hammered-in everything at best, become lost
hopelessly, as soon as things change suddenly e.g. lost or forgotten
mouthpiece be replaced, horn damaged by accident & have to play on
another horn, music being replaced by a new edition with different
lay-out, new conductor using different tempi, have to transpose a piece
without a notice before, etc.

The gifted is not occupied with fingering & (or) where to target a
certain note & such can concentrate himself or herself on the
interpretation better. The gifted or talented is not permanently
occupied with targeting the pitches and can so concentrate himself or
herself better on security. The list is endless.

I hope, that the crowd understands this now, but I am sure, it will not
accept it due to all these old arguments (immense drive & practice hard
enough).

We hear all these arguments by unsuccessful audition candidates plenty.