Ryan D wrote:

I am looking for a gig bag for my french horn and I was wondering if
anyone had some info about good gig bags.  I thought they would be
easier to haul around the colllege campus rather than the huge cases
that they come with.  But I want a gig bag that will protect my horn
more than anything else.

*********
I'm not sure what you mean by a "good gig bag."  In
my experience, only an empty gig bag can protect
a horn from denting.  Still, there's no denying that
a gig bag is convenient.  So if you MUST get a one,
consider also buying a junk horn to put in it, one you
don't care about (I used to have a silver-plated Schmidt-
model York that fit this category very well).  Just make
sure to send your chauffeur ahead with your good horn
(safe in a nice strong case), so that it will be well
protected, and you won't have to play that junker in public.

gotta go,
Cabbage