May-be, you adjust your embouchure too much, so the clams. Try to play
without adjusting.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve
Freides
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2004 4:56 PM
To: 'The Horn List'
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] Fingering question and a single horn question

I'm glad to know I figured that out correctly.

> The other way, when you "valved" the same few notes, you
> probably valved them as 1 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 1. The cause for the
> clam might be here the written d2 fingered with 1, as it
> would be the best sounding no.9 harmonic be played as open
> note so the (classic) fingering would be:
>  1 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 1.

Actually, my alternate fingering is your "classic" fingering of 1 - 0 -
0 -
0 - 1, taking the written d (concert G) as open.  The clam, for me,
was/is
going from the B-flat to the C (concert E-flat to F).  I realize it may
also
be something weird with the valves of my old horn.

> Keep things going. Good luck.

Thanks - I'll keep experimenting.

-S-