Joe Zephier wrote:

>> Rather than lurk, I thought for several reasons that I might  introduce
myself much to the horror ":-) of any

and >> I have finally found an instrument worthy of re-learning the
conscious application of music theory as applicable in both conventional means,
 and
by way of Slonimisky as an ever-present slide-rule to adjust and gauge how  far
out I might go before leaving the realm of humanly conceivable harmonic
accompanyment/development and extrapolative bi/multi-harmonic progression for
improvisation/composition.

and >>The bass clarinet I love it but am unwilling to learn or even  pay
attention to the notes because if I do, I cannot play along to the radio. I  am
at
a point on all reeds where I MUST disregard names of things like; songs,  key
or any named pitch or interval in order to play well.

and >> What I feel my needs are: ... 2. ability to produce from a  whisper
staccato, and legato fp with a good guthold and not much effort to  adjust to
distant range with relative dynamic held/advanced and/or  controllable.  ... 4.
A good tonal center with a rich sonorous midrange  with bright edge overtones,
yet a bass that doesnąt break up at high volumes;  that almost/can produces a
unison-ous subharmonic (at will): more aptly  described as a controllable
character to tonal structure from said. ...  A  big and centered flexible sound
which I can use to blend with. DARK yet  BRIGHT

and >> I do not have the option or the experience of going into a  shop a
play-testing.

and >> So after putting my saxes away (temp.) from practise to tackle  the
Bass Clarinet so as to also use it as a Bb Soprano with an 8vb foot, but  never
quite getting the consistency on my Cortious Flugel and faring worse on
trumpet, the instrument which always put me in a trans since a boy found me
only  6
months ago at an auction, in the form of an $85. Getzen single Horn in F; and
 I found a use for my reverse embouchure which a trumpet
player told me would  never work. It works for the Horn. So much that playing
the horn improved my  embouchure for Sax, Clarinet and for the first time I
can get a sweet  professional sound on the flute. This is due to the  Horn
because it helped  me develope a natural inclination of my bocal musculature
which
effects  positively other instrumentation subtly but surely. It also may help
my  contrabass violone fingering. <<

To which I reply:
I think you answered your own question.  You  should stick with that Getzen.

Dave Weiner
Brass Arts Unlimited